by Michael Eyre – Product Director at Jestic
750g good quality pizza flour, preferably “00”
450g cold water
15g sea salt
4g dried yeast
1. Put the flour, yeast and about 375-400g of the water into the machine bowl and mix on a fairly slow speed for a couple of minutes until the ingredients are combined, speed the mixer up and wait until the dough starts to get stretchy, this is when you start adding the rest of the water.
2. Add it in in 3-4 stages with the salt, mix until the water has been completely absorbed by the dough. The total mixing time will be around 10 minutes. The dough should stretch easily.
3. Allow the dough to relax for a couple of hours in the machine bowl with a cover over it.
4. Cut the dough into four equal pieces and roll into balls, put each ball in a takeaway container and put in the fridge overnight.
5. When the dough has been out of the fridge for a couple of hours it should be room temperature. Press the dough out with your fingers using fine semolina and put on a pizza peel.
6. Top with your favourite tomato sauce, cheese, and tasty toppings.
7. Now comes the tricky bit – slide on to your pre heated pizza stone.
8. The cooking time will really depend on the temperature of your oven if you have a garden pizza oven (Alfa ONE or similar) it could be as little as 90-120 seconds. If you are using a conventional oven, turn it up to max and allow your pizza stone to heat up with the oven, if you put a cold pizza stone in a hot oven it may crack, it will take five to six minutes.